Friday, November 16, 2007

A Grammy Community!

Yes, I know I said I was on holiday, and I am -
but this is just too exciting to wait...

My friend Cynthia at Granny Xpress has issued an invitation to Blogging Grammies everywhere.
Cynthia writes:

I want to let all Blogging Grandparents that might be reading this to know that we now have a "Blogging Group" on Blogcatalog (go to Blogcatalog.com and register if you are a blogger). It's a Group so that we can come together a build a community of 'like interests'-- grandparenting, predominantly.

*What does it mean to you?
*Who/what are your models for grandparenting?
*Do you find yourself rejecting or emulating the "classic" notion of grandparenting (eg., granny knits, has grey hair, loves to care for her grandkids).
*Do you have words of wisdom to share?
*What makes grandparenting special for you? etc.


Hope to see you on the Group (you do have to "apply" and be "approved"-- just to screen out all the many, many mock blogs that are just 'shopping sites')


I've signed on but we need lots of grandparents to build a thriving community!
Won't you join us?

Thank You, Cynthia!